Trades Practical Assessment Program
Are you interested in hosting an experienced, immigrant tradesperson for 12 weeks at no cost?
The Trades Practical Assessment Program connects employers across Nova Scotia with experienced tradespeople. As a host employer, you offer the chance to work in your organization for up to 12 weeks at no cost to you. There is no obligation to hire; you have the opportunity to assess their skills on the job and provide recommendations on apprenticeship and exam-level readiness.
Participants are keen to participate – they gain valuable Canadian work experience, local references, experience towards their level or Red Seal, and the opportunity to network and showcase their skills. All participants have a minimum of 1 year of experience or a strong interest in their trades, are certified in WHMIS, Fire Safety, and First Aid, and are job-ready and legally eligible to work in Canada.
What are the benefits to you?
- Flexible: Participants are flexible and can start with entry-level tasks
- Low-Risk: Tradespersons are insured against injury at the workplace through ISANS
- Targeted: Individual skills are matched with employer needs
- Career-Focused: Tradespersons are connected to the Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency and eager to become certified in their trades
- No Strings Attached: No obligation to hire or pay – allowance covered by ISANS
Amal Reda Holmes | 902-406-4742 | firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW IT WORKS
Coordinator sends you resume of potential candidate
you interview candidate to determine suitability
you interview candidate to determine a good match
if you select a candidate, you sign an agreement with ISANS
participant works under the supervision of a journeyperson
supervisor assesses apprenticeship level
program coordinator & NSAA officer conduct site visits