Get Settled

Translation and Interpretation

Translation and Interpretation Services

Interpretation and Translation services support ISANS clients to allow them to participate in ISANS programs. Our translation and interpretation services provide support for:

  • settlement interpretation
  • health interpretation refugee support
  • translations of written information (info flyers, brochures, handouts, etc.)
  • translations of personal information (identification) documents
  • documentation support needed for settlement in Nova Scotia (confirmation of identity, affidavits or statutory declarations, etc.)

Settlement and Health Interpretation

ISANS service interpreters help clients and staff to communicate with each other while delivering and receiving ISANS settlement services. Our settlement interpreters also provide language interpretation support for refugee clients in ISANS care for some medical appointments held outside hospital settings.

Translations of Written Information

ISANS translates simple, personal information and identification documents for newcomers who are settling in Nova Scotia.

The documents we translate include:

  • Records of birth, marriage, or death
  • Family registry status
  • Driving licenses and driving records
  • High school, college, and university diplomas
  • Educational certificates
  • Employment records and training certificates
  • Professional licenses and membership cards
  • Identification cards and related documents

To have your documents translated, you must be:

  • A current resident of Nova Scotia
  • The holder of the document you want to translate
  • An ISANS client

Please do the following:

  • Contact ISANS Translation Services before sending any documents by mail or email

Please note:

  • We do not translate documents for IRCC immigration applications or documents that must be sent outside of Nova Scotia or Canada
  • If ISANS cannot translate a document, we will give you relevant information and refer you to other services

For more information, or to find out if you can register, please contact:

Translation Services |